Monday, December 7, 2009

A big thanks from Kevin

I just want to thank The BMW Store and Brown Bros. Racing for doing such a great job this weekend. Without all their help I would not have been much help to the team. I was really impressed with the late night fix of the shock on Friday night. You guys did a fantastic job. Dave did an awesome job all weekend and I am bummed that he didn't get to drive the 330. Rocky I think Dave has earned a full race weekend with Dave, the full time driver, and with the full team support. Wayne thanks for all your help this weekend also. Wayne, Dave, Geoff and all the crew did a great job fixing the wheel studs fast, and without that we would not have made the top 10. Thanks Geoff and Jay for all your fast tire changes and everyone else that helped change tires. Thanks to everyone that fueled the car. We had to fuel the car a lot and it was done in a quick and clean manner every time with no penalties. Thanks also to the guys that kept all the fuel jugs full of fuel. That was a full time job. We used about 400 gallons of fuel for the race and that was just the M3, they were busy. I just can't thank the team enough for all their hard work the whole weekend. During the race, everyone did a great job of quickly getting ready for pit stops and making the pits stops smooth and fast. Felt bad a couple of times that I had to wake people up for pit stops but there were no complaints from anyone. Alex did a great job with all the data and diagnosing problems quickly, then fixing problems fast. It was a pleasure to work with the whole team and being apart of such a great event. I was very pleased how well it turned out.


I want to thank all the drivers for doing a wonderful job. It was nice to work with my boy Taylor Hacquard again. He did an awesome job on track with really fast and consistent times every time he was in the car, even when it was in the middle of the night. I have worked with Mikel Miller before but this was the first time with him as a driver. Miller was great all weekend and helped a lot with feedback for setting up the car. It was the first time for me to work with Carlos Tesler-Mabe and he is truly a professional driver. He is a very consistent driver and a pleasure to work with on and off the track. Chris also did a great job with consistently fast times. It was great working with Chris again.


Thank you Chris for letting me join the team for this event. You said that once you do this race once you get hooked. That is true because I can't wait to do that race again. I hope I get the opportunity to do it next year.


The whole crew deserves a very big thank you because without them we wouldn't of had a chance to race this weekend. You guys made a great car and that is the biggest part of this race. You can have fast drivers, a great strategy, and fast pit stops, but if the car doesn't last 25 hours then you have nothing. You guys built two cars that lasted the whole race. I am very impressed by that accomplishment.


I can’t give my thanks enough to the crew and drivers.


Thanks


Kevin Harrison

1 comment:

  1. You are a class act Kevin! Your care for your craft and passion for the sport will take you a a long ways! Thanks for the usual level of care and support for your good friend Taylor!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete